Shipyard creates and manages copies of environments (i.e. instances of an application) so you don’t have to. From dev to production, Shipyard automates the provisioning of these environments (and the underlying infrastructure) at all steps of the software development lifecycle.
We’re venture-backed and based in NYC, but we’re fully remote.
What you’ll do:
- Work with designers, frontend developers and infrastructure engineers on client-facing features from prototype to production
- Build public and internal APIs
- Optimize code for performance, stability and security
- Write tests to verify code correctness
You should have:
- 2+ years of professional development experience
- Solid proficiency with Python or other backend language
- Experience with command line (e.g. bash, sh)
- Excellent technical communication skills
Other things we’re looking for:
- Experience with any of the following: Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, AWS, GCP, Azure, Digital Ocean
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- OSS contributor
- SQL skills
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Premium healthcare (PPO/EPO) (including dental + vision)
If this sounds like you, email us at email@example.com with your resumé and GitHub username!